WriterAlina Receives Liebster Award & Answers Random Questions
Thanks S. M. Metzler!
In December I was nominated for the Liebster Award by from Tea with Tumnus. Yay! Thanks , you are one awesome lady! 😉
S. M. Metzler blogs about writing, film scores, ans writes book and movie reviews. She recently started a very in-depth blog series started called History Helps You Write, it’s pretty cool. These are posts about how history can help you create your own worlds, no matter what genre you are writing, though she tends to focus on fantasy. The posts are very detailed and inspiring. You should check her out.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is a blogging community award that is passed around from blog to blog in order to promote newer blogs and recognize that those of us who have less than 200 followers are heard/seen and appreciated. Check out Lorraine Reguly for her opinion on the Liebster Award Rules. It’s all very amusing since this is a community based award and not official in any way.
Basically, the idea is to answer 11 Qs posed to you buy your nominator and then come up with 11 Qs that you will pose to those whom you nominate.
I’m not a big fan of sharing a lot of super personal information, but the cause is just. Not only will the readers of WriterAlina.com benefit by learning a little more about me, but perhaps my readers will find some other awesome writing and science related blogs through me.
Here we go…
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? This is actually a difficult question. I’m an avid traveler and have been many places in the world and have a grand list of places that I want to go. I would love to go to Antarctica and see the science base there and the penguins.
- Who are your favorite fictional characters? Good thing this is a plural and not singular question. These are my favorite characters from my childhood and beyond. Hmm… Paul Atreides (Dune), Princess Leia (Star Wars), Hermione Granger & Harry Potter (Harry Potter), Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables), Ayla (Earth’s Children Series), Ender Wiggin (Ender’s Game), and Bean (Ender’s Shadow), just to name a few. 😉 These are all the names that come to mind right now.
- What are your favorite colors? I don’t really have a favorite color anymore, but when I was 5 years-old it was pink.
- If you could only read one genre of fiction for the rest of your life, what genre would you read? Science Fiction hands down.
- If you could have lunch with any three people through history (dead or alive), who would you want to have lunch with? J. K. Rowling, Albert Einstein, Isaac Asimov
- What inspired you to first start blogging? I wanted to get into the habit of writing more consistently and find something to be immediately accountable for. My second reason was to see if I could gain followers that may also be interested in buying books from me in the future. We’ll see. 😉
- Coffee or Tea? Tea. Hands down. Anyone who comes to visit my house thinks I could open my own tea shop. I love tea.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear, I will allow it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it’s path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” – Bene Gesserit Litany
- What is your favorite season? This is a hard question actually. I enjoy all the seasons for different reasons and enjoy them all in different places. I love the snow, but I also enjoy warm weather. I guess my least favorite season is summer because temperatures over 85/29 degrees F/C is too hot for me.
- Where do you find most of your inspiration to write? Primarily other stories that I either watch or read, sometimes from a thought provoking question..
- What was your favorite Christmas present from your childhood? uh… this really is a random question. I actually don’t know the answer to this; I don’t remember.
WriterAlina’s Questions for Her Nominees
- What inspired you to first start blogging?
- Where do you find most of your inspiration to write?
- How do you want your writing to impact your readers?
- What’s your best time of day for writing?
- If you could have lunch with any three people through history (dead or alive), who would you want to have lunch with?
- If you could visit any fictional world/land, where would you go?
- Who are your favorite fictional characters?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- What fictional pet would you choose? Anything goes…
- Favorite hobbies that don’t involve reading or writing
- Coffee or Tea?
WriterAlina’s Liebster Award Nominees
Now I would like to Award the Liebster Award to the following bloggers:
- Tomi Adeyemi @ tomiadeyemi.com
- Tomi blogs about writing, posts fun weekly writing prompts, and encourages her readers to write the best that they can with her help. Right now she’s on a roll blogging about going to writing conferences and pitching to agents, which is cool if you’re ready for that part of your writing career.
- Kerry Jane @ Metanoia
- Kerry blogs about writing, science, and deep thoughts – a kindred spirited science girl who also loves to write.
- Jonathan D. MacGregor @ MacGregor’s Pen
- Jonathan is another writer and science enthusiast that I follow. You should really check out his posts about How Science Explains Fantasy, these posts are really awesome. His posts are quite grounded in science and it’s interesting to read about his perspectives on the subject.
If you’re tagged, don’t feel obligated to answer the questions or participate in the Liebster Award. If you are tagged and have already received the Liebster Award, great! Just ignore the tag. Here is the URL for the badge so you can post it to your blog if you wish.
Let’s expand our online writing community together.
Write On Everyone!